Our client in Hamilton, Ontario is looking for a Senior Piping Department Manager to join their team!
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Provides leadership for health & safety in all aspects of piping design for the office, field and personal environments.
• Provides management of piping design staff to include performance reviews, salary administration, workload leveling, training, retaining, and career development.
• Leads the piping design staff in providing piping deliverables that meet scope, schedule, budget and quality requirements.
• Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard piping design techniques, procedures, and criteria, for oil and gas projects with medium to high complexity.
• Manages piping team performance
• Has the ability to develop piping design man-hour estimates
• Functions as a senior reviewer for piping design deliverables.
• Takes an active role in Quality Management and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
• Develops and ensures the ongoing success of a high performance team through mentoring and training of junior piping design staff.
• Attends and participates in departmental and project meetings and is part of the organization's leadership.
• Takes ownership in and has positive involvement in the design aspects of projects, with a focus on project quality, reducing errors, and performing quality work as a professional.
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Mechanical Engineering Degree from an accredited university
• P.Eng designation
• 10+ years of experience in piping design/engineering
• At least 5 years managing a piping department/team
• Experience in designing/engineering piping in a heavy industrial setting (power, energy, nuclear, manufacturing, petrochemical, etc)
• Strong written, verbal and analytical skills
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
• Ability to mentor less experienced designers in the department
• Ability to check complex, difficult piping layouts and designs
• Experience with: cost estimating, PFD/P&ID's, quality control, procurement, steel industry, power industry (power plants, power stations), chemical industry, heat transfer, etc.
• Strong personality with the ability to keep people on track in a positive and encouraging way
Our client is a multidisciplinary engineering firm with a diverse client base. Our client is fully prepared and capable of taking a project from conception through to engineering and procurement, and construction and project management services. Their diverse staff includes engineers from different fields who use their industry experience to ensure that all of their client’s needs are met to satisfaction.
Piping Designer, Piping Engineer, Mechanical, Department Manager, Team Manager