Our client in Toronto, Ontario is looking for a Senior Project Manager of Building Restoration to join their team! This individual will be responsible for the overall management of building cladding restoration projects. If this sounds like the next career move for you, please read the following description!
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Overall implementation of projects from concept to completion and for all aspects during the different phases of the project (planning, design, tender and contractor selection, construction, commissioning and occupancy)
• Oversee and manage the work of assigned staff
• Assign staff to perform building cladding investigation including, air and water leakage
• Oversee and review the preparation of reports on recommendations for restoration repair projects including order of magnitude cost estimates.
• Attend progress meetings with contractors, clients and board members.
• Oversee the preparation of specifications for repairs and create cost projections for projects.
• Be responsible for bid analysis for repair work and approve invoices for work performed.
• Assign staff to schedule and coordinate contractor repair work.
• Monitor quality and accuracy of restoration process through site visits and condition assessments ensuring that the project remains within the original scope.
• Attend and participate in regularly scheduled departmental and team meetings informing the Director of project progress.
• Provide input, as required, on all aspects of your work in terms of overall efficiency, creativity and technical knowledge.
Required Qualifications and Skills for this position will include:
• Post-secondary education/college diploma in a related field (Civil engineering preferred)
• Professional Engineering Designation would be an asset
• 10 plus years’ experience in investigation and repairs of building envelope
• Working knowledge of investigation and repairs of parking structures would be an asset
• Solid 'wall' experience
• Trained in health and safety requirements in construction projects would be an asset
• Demonstrated organizational, budget management, project management skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Projects, and CAD
• Excellent Communication skills
• Exemplary Written capability
• Time management and organizational skills
• Willingness to travel outside of GTA required
• Must have G driver’s license and access to own vehicle
Our client is a growing multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm with offices throughout Ontario. Their expertise is within the structural, building services and municipal/civil sectors. Voted as a top 50 Employer and a top 50 Best Places to Work in Canada.
Building Science, Building Cladding, BCA, Building Condition Assessment, Restoration, Rehabilitation, Structural, Civil