Our client in Ontario is looking for an Engineering Manager with manufacturing experience to join their team! This individual will plan, direct, and coordinate the engineering activities of the company!
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Manage daily engineering tasks
• Plan projects and resources
• Coordinate sub supplier activities
• Interface with manufacturing and service teams for equipment related to the production of pollution control equipment, including wet ESPs, venture scrubbers, spray dry absorbers, evaporative cooling systems, acid gas scrubbers, and SNCR systems
• Direct and coordinate activities directly related to engineering, manufacturing, start-up, and services of products and related services.
• Work closely with Sales and Marketing Teams to ensure proper support for products and pre-sale and post-sale customer activities.
• Maintain customer focused approach to all aspects of business activities.
• Develop and maintain sound engineering practices and procedures
• Develop and maintain product models and standards.
• Review product cost structure and develop strategies to minimize cost and maximize efficiency.
• Ensure safety in design, manufacturing, service and performance of equipment
• Set and maintain equipment performance guarantees and requirements
• Set and manage development projects for equipment improvement and innovation
• Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
• Manage budget activities related to working group
• Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures as necessary
Required Skills and Qualifications include:
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in industrial process/mechanical engineering
• 7+ years of directly related experience with large capital equipment in a chemical, oil & gas, or environmental industry
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing personnel
• B.S. in chemical or mechanical engineering
• Master’s degree and professional engineering license is preferred and will be considered an asset
• Basic knowledge of air pollution control equipment
• Advanced knowledge of air pollution control equipment is strongly preferred
• Technical Knowledge – Must have intimate knowledge on the technical details of electrostatic precipitators. In depth knowledge of scrubbers, filters, WEST, catalytic gas treatment, evaporative gas cooling systems, DeNOX systems, or other large chemical/process equipment is strongly preferred
• Prior experience managing an engineering/technical team is required
• P.Eng required
Air Pollution, wet ESPs, venture scrubbers, spray dry absorbers, evaporative cooling systems, acid gas scrubbers, SNCR systems, DeNOX systems, catalytic gas treatment