Are you an outgoing, dynamic architect? Are you motivated to develop business, find new clientele, and deliver world class design work to commercial and retail clients? Do you like to challenge design ideas of the past to create spaces that are designed for the community? If so, please consider the following position of Senior Architect in Edmonton, Alberta!
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Work with the Senior Leadership team in group to continue to grow our business.
• Be the sector leader for developer based work.
• Use your experience in a variety of mixed use, retail, commercial, varying scales of multi-family residential, high rise office
• Provide leadership and direction to the team members to develop in-house expertise and methodologies (design, technical and quality standards, etc.) to advance the group and the efficiency and effectiveness of our architectural work.
• Attract and retain architectural staff needed to deliver expertise throughout all phases of projects.
• Deliver projects efficiently and effectively through inspirational leadership of the architectural team members.
• Work with the other key staff to develop “win” strategies, including client contact, proposal preparation and preparation of and participation in client interviews.
• Implement the goals and objectives set out in the annual business plan through leadership, coaching and mentoring of the architectural team members.
• Deliver projects on time, on budget, winning recognition for excellence
• Develop and maintain client relationships
• Identify and win key projects
• Lead the continued development of the architectural in-house expertise and methodologies
• Mentor and supervise junior and intermediate architectural members
Required Qualifications and Skills for this position include:
• Degree in Architecture, Alberta Provincial registration is an asset
• Minimum of 10 years related experience in the developer market
• Registration with the Alberta Association of Architects or equivalent provincial professional association
• Strong desire to attract top clients and the best projects
• Candidates must be able to lead projects with minimal supervision, manage teams, coordinate consultants and work directly with clients
• Experience with City of Edmonton bylaws an asset
• Leadership capability; must be experienced in planning, facility programming, all phases of architectural design from conceptual design development to detailed design and be actively involved in the preparation and coordination of construction documents
• Strong visual and graphic communication skills a desirable asset
• LEED accreditation preferred
• Track Record of Excellence in technical and contract document production
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a focus on effective collaboration and integration
• Strong managerial experience in establishing scope, and directing the work of professional architects and technical staff on multiple projects
• Highly proficient at managing project objectives, priorities, budgeting and scheduling
Founded in the mid-1950's, our Client has since grown into an extremely well-known and highly reputable multidisciplinary company that is recognized as a Top 50 Global Design firm. They offer unlimited opportunities for learning, growth, and professional development, placing immense value on allowing every employee to reach their maximum potential.
Architect, Commercial, Retail, ICI, Institutaional,