Would you like to join a dynamic team? Would you like to work on a variety of civil, municipal, and industrial engineering projects? If you are looking to take the next step in your career, please consider the following position of Senior Structural Engineer in Edmonton, Alberta!
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Participate in the design of buildings, reservoirs, and other civil structures
• Prepare designs, cost estimates, specifications, and contract documents
• Participate in scheduling, budgeting, tendering, contract administration, inspection, business development, and preparation of proposals
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Undergraduate degree in civil or structural engineering from an accredited post-secondary educational institution
• Eligible for professional registration with APEGA
• Minimum 10 years of progressive experience in structural engineering with a focus on water retaining structures such as reservoirs and water treatment plants
• Experience with design, specifications, cost estimating, tendering, construction, administration, and inspections
• Proven technical skills
• Project management skills are an asset
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Committed team player
Our client has provided consulting engineering services for over 60 years. With over 700 staff, they specialize in the water, transportation, infrastructure, and environmental sectors. Their engineering services range from planning and feasibility studies to detailed design, construction, training, and operational assistance. Our client has participated in world-class projects in Canada and around the world, for both public and private sector clients. Recognized as an industry leader, they have received local, national, and international awards for engineering services.