Our client in Calgary, Alberta is looking for an Electrical Engineer or Designer specializing in Building Systems to join their team!
This individual will take on a design team position. This individual will coordinate, and exercise functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of assigned projects.
This individual must be able to demonstrate technical knowledge in the electrical discipline as it pertains to building systems.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Independently manage project design including the responsibility for design aspects of project completion, meeting quality standards, achieving project deadlines.
• Proposals as assigned by a Partner or the Project Manager on a designated project.
• Drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs.
• Manage all project contract administration.
• Ensure effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and parties.
• Accountable for the quality of service and profitability on assigned projects.
• Extensive contact with clients, vendor’s representatives and project field personnel.
• Interact and negotiate with client project representatives.
• Maintain regular contact with project clients, including the best possible development of personal relationships, and strive to keep client satisfaction at a high level.
• Perform assignments with instruction as to the general results expected, and with guidance from the Project Manager on unusual or complex problems.
• Provide technical direction and on-the-job training to drafters, designers, and engineers.
• Participate in jobsite visits, client meetings and presentations.
• Keep the Partner or Project Manager informed of all circumstances that could affect projects or clients.
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Electrical Engineering Degree or Diploma from an accredited institution
• P.Eng or CET designation
• 4+ years of experience in design/engineering electrical systems for buildings
• Demonstrate knowledge of the application of engineering to facility constructability as applied to construction methods and materials, and the economics involved.
• Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
• Possess a high degree of independent decision making and professionalism
Our client is a leading electrical engineering firm specializing in electrical and electronic systems for all types of buildings worldwide, including large commercial office buildings, hotels, data centres, corporate headquarters, educational facilities, sports and entertainment complexes, healthcare facilities and casinos.
Electrical Engineer, Electrical Designer, Fire Protection, Power Distribution, Lighting