Do you want to work for a company that cares about its employees and local community? Does a company that looks at the bigger picture beyond a project seem like the one for you? If you would like to join a team that empowers and facilitates their employees’ growth, please consider the following position of Distribution Designer/Technologist in Vancouver, BC!
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Perform engineering distribution design and coordination duties; including, coach/mentor team members, client and site visits, and prepare Passport estimates and DAD plots
• Design and prepare cost estimates for single and three phase distribution projects such as underground & overhead relocations, pole renewals, voltage conversions, subdivisions and feeder duct banks
• Ensure that designs comply with the relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations and Procedures including BC Hydro Distribution Standards
• Provide leadership, coaching and technical expertise to design staff
• Interface with other design disciplines, coordinate with related stakeholders such as the Owner’s Engineer, Municipalities and other government bodies
• Use CAD software and CAD design methods to solve problems and prepare drawings
Required Skills and Qualifications for this position include:
• Diploma in Electrical Technology with the Electrical Power & Industrial Control Option
• 3 – 5 years of experience in overhead and or underground distribution design
• Experience working with BC Hydro is required
• Ability to provide technical leadership and mentoring to the distribution team and associated disciplines
• Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), time/project management, organization, and presentation skills
• Proficient at reading and interpreting technical design drawings and details
• Experience using AutoCAD (recent versions), Excel and Word; experience using Passport and DAD software a definite asset
• Must be team and customer service-focused.
• Valid Class 5 driver’s licence required along with some field travel.
Our Client is a highly reputable, award-winning multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm with offices across North America and a growing presence overseas. Their size and structure allows their employees to explore a diverse set of options for career growth, and there is ongoing support and training available to assist in achievement of these goals. They offer competitive compensation and benefits, and are known for being an excellent place to work.
Distribution Designer, Distribution Technologist, DAD plots, BC Hydro, CAD, Transmission and Distribution