Do you have an interest in structural design? Are you looking to gain more experience for your career? Would you like to put your architectural technology diploma to good use? If so, please consider the following position of Engineering Technologist in Tillsonburg, Ontario!
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Prepare structural and fabrication drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets, and other data using AutoCAD.
• Preparation of various reports and review of technical documentation
• Organization and maintenance of project files
• Build relationships with clients and ensure superior & profitable customer service
• On-site assignments to collect data as related to preparation of drawings
• Assist in the day to day office responsibilities of a growing engineering firm
Skills and Experiences required for this position include:
• College diploma in Architectural Technology or equivalent training/experience
• 1+ years of structural design experience minimum
• Strong AutoCAD skills and experience with 3D CADD (Solidworks preferred)
• Part 9 Housing and/or Small Structures and Part 3 BCIN an asset
• Working knowledge of the 2006 Ontario Building Code
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Holder of valid Ontario driver’s license
• Ability to learn new concepts independently and quickly
• Ability to work under pressure and achieve deadlines
• Be an independent thinking and self-motivated to provide the best product
Our client offers an attractive base salary, benefits, and significant growth opportunities! Having serviced Ontario for over 5 years, our client has a proven record of being experts and leaders in the niche areas of structural engineering, fall protection, lifting devices, aerial devices, and mobile cranes. They enjoy generating, nurturing, cultivating, and increasing the self-confidence in its employees. They look for qualified, energetic and motivated individuals to join their growing organization!
Architectural Technology, Structural Design, AutoCAD, 3D CADD, Solidworks, Part 9 Housing, Small Structures, Part 3 BCIN