Are you an expert in the chemical field? Are you a leader who promotes a strong health & safety environment culture in your organization? Would you like to be a part of developing all operation plans for a new facility? If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please read the following description for Plan General Manager in Sarnia, Ontario!
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Create an enthusiastic, highly skilled operation team to successfully start-up our first commercial facility.
• Ensure that the Operational Execution Plan is developed and executed to get the Plant ready to operate at Mechanical Completion date.
• Develop Commissioning and Start-up Execution plan with a cross-functional team.
• Owns and manage Plant Operations budget and C&SU Budget.
• Together with the Lean Corporate Director, lead and implement Lean Manufacturing principles and Continuous improvement methodology.
• Ensure the development of all required procedures/ processes to meet high level standards in term of Quality Management, Environmental and Safety.
• Accountable for the implementation and effective management of overall operations of the Sarnia plant (Production, Maintenance, Logistic, HR, QHSE, Accounting).
• Coordinate with the Sales & Marketing team to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
• Provide oversight and direction for the safe and environmentally compliant day to day production operation
• Interfaces with the internal and external customers to build relationships and assure a strong customer focus down through the plant organization.
• Plan, organize and direct the manufacturing and maintenance operations which ensure the most effective return on assets.
• Prepare forecasted budgets and ensure compliance throughout the year.
• Propose site capital projects.
• Drive for continuous improvement
Qualifications and Skills required for this position include:
• B.S. in Chemical/Chemical Engineering is required. An MBA is preferred.
• 15+ years of chemical/biochemical manufacturing industry experience.
• Fermentation experience would be highly appreciated.
• Experience in plant commissioning and start up is a must have.
• Experience in supervising plant employees for 24/7 operations.
• Experience in Integrated Management Systems (ISO9001, ISO14001).
• Familiar with Food grade constraints and HACCP environment.
• Experience in developing employees and performance management to maximize employee performance are requirements.
• A strong understanding and experience in Health and Safety regulations and environmental regulations is required.
• A proven record of responsibility/accountability to meeting operating budgets, driving continuous improvement and change in a multi-disciplinary environment, and safety leadership are all requirements.
• Sigma, 5S, Kaizen and TPM would be appreciated.
Our client has won multiple awards for their commitment to sustainability and environmental initiatives. Their proprietary technology enables them to provide an efficient and environmentally effective substitution for petrochemicals to be used in a variety of applications. Based in Southwestern Ontario, they are poised for significant market position and growth.
General Manager, Chemical Engineering, MBA, ISO9001, ISO4001, 24/7 operations, HACCP, Sigma, 5S, Kaizen, TPM