Are you a civil/structural engineer with a good understanding of electrical power systems? Do you have experience designing transmission line structures? Would you like to work where there is plenty of room for growth? If so, please consider the following position of Senior Civil/Structural Engineer – Transmission Lines, in Calgary, Alberta!
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Create detailed design of high voltage transmission lines
• Comply with national standards/codes (ANSI/IEEE and CSA)
• Analyze transmission line route selection, design integration, constructability, and environmental considerations
• Use PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, and PLS-TOWER
• Supervise designers/CAD operator
• Deliver projects on schedule and within budget
Qualifications and Skills required for this position are:
• Degree in Civil/Structural engineering from an accredited institution
• P.Eng designation
• A minimum of 6-10+ years of experience in the design of transmission lines
• Knowledge of Canadian and provincial codes/standard: CSA, ANSI etc.
• Experience using PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, and PLS-TOWER
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Our Client is a highly reputable, award-winning multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm with offices across North America and a growing presence overseas. Their size and structure allows their employees to explore a diverse set of options for career growth, and there is ongoing support and training available to assist in achievement of these goals. They offer competitive compensation and benefits, and are known for being an excellent place to work.
Civil, Structural, Transmission Lines, PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, PLS-TOWER, CSA, ANSI