Are you an adaptable, customer focused, and organized individual? Do you have experience as a Journeyman Powerline Technician or Journeyman Electrician? Would you like to take that next step in your career with a company who cares about the growth of their employees? If this sounds like you, please consider the following position of Distribution Technologist/Designer in Calgary, Alberta!
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Manage external client relationships through effective and timely communication
• Develop project scope and create supply proposals for a diverse range of distribution projects
• Develop design solutions that meet all applicable codes, standards and regulations
• Monitor project progress and take action to meet client requirements
• Update the project management database with relevant and up-to-date information
• Travel and perform field checks as required
• Perform Risk and Hazard Assessments
• Identify potential environmental concerns and initiate appropriate action
• Provide peer review of co-worker projects as required
• Coordinate the installation and commissioning of distribution equipment
• Stake and line locate new services, as required.
• Provide informal coaching and guidance to project team members
• Provide technical guidance to customers, stakeholders, and external consultants
• Participate on committees, special projects and business process teams
• Participate in special projects or other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications include:
• Must possess an Electrical Engineering technology diploma, or equivalent industry • Experience as a Journeyman Power Line Technician or Journeyman Electrician.
• Must possess and maintain a valid Alberta Motor Vehicle driver’s license in good standing.
• Understanding of project management principles and processes would be an asset.
• Working knowledge of MS Office, Etap, Cyme or Cymtcc, PLSCADD, Cadd or Microstation, ABAdata, Pipeline Research, SPIN (Survey Plan Indexing Network) or other related design programs would be an asset.
• Knowledge of all applicable codes, acts, and regulations as they apply to the electric utility industry would be an asset.
• Knowledge of Land Survey Act would be an asset.
• Land and / or survey experience would be an asset.
Our Client is a highly reputable, award-winning multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm with offices across North America and a growing presence overseas. Their size and structure allows their employees to explore a diverse set of options for career growth, and there is ongoing support and training available to assist in achievement of these goals. They offer competitive compensation and benefits, and are known for being an excellent place to work.
Distribution Technologist, Distribution Designer, Journeyman, Power-Line Technician, Etap, Cyme, Cymtcc, PLSCADD, Microstation, ABAdata, SPIN, Pipeline Research, Risk and Hazard Assessment