Our client in Southwestern Ontario is looking for a Senior Process Engineer specializing in Purification and Downstream Operations to join their team!
This individual will be responsible for providing daily support to the Operations Manager, plant troubleshooting, KPI monitoring and overall continuous improvement of the Operations, for stability, Quality and cost.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Day to day oversight of the Purification process and operations.
- Support Lean Manufacturing principles implementation, enforcing 5S, and developing Kaizen.
- Ensure compliance of Operations with the Company Integrated Management System (ISO9001, 14001, 22000 and OHSAS18001)
- Define and monitor Purification KPI’s consistently within Company targets, ensure objectives achievement in term of Quality and cost.
- Work in close coordination with Maintenance to improve reliability, decrease downtime, plan maintenance shutdown and minimize downtime of equipment.
- Plan Equipment cleaning and develop strong preventative operational checks to improve stability and predictability of the plant.
- Perform Root Cause analysis on operations incident and implement changes to prevent occurrence, adjust SOP’s to reflect improvements and optimizations.
- Enforce Standard Operating Procedure and good practices in the plant.
- Identify any deviation in the process, troubleshoot in close coordination with Analytical Team.
• Process Optimization:
- Responsible for Process optimization on the Commercial Plant.
- Provide Technical Support to plant operations, Process trouble-shooting.
- Functionally accountable for Succinic Acid Purification Process performances.
- Think and solve problems creatively and contribute to the company’s strong culture of innovation and resourcefulness.
- Optimize Process Control Philosophy and critical control parameter for process operability and process safety.
- Optimize Heat and Material Balance to improve overall efficiency of production.
• Process Design:
- Collaborate with the research and development group to translate laboratory/pilot plant findings into Commercial Plant process designs.
- Provide feedback to the Engineering Design Team to improve the design of other company facilities.
- Discuss with vendors and suppliers to improve design of existing equipment.
- Prepare minor design modification for implementation by the Project Engineer at the plant. Prepare spec sheet, P&IDs, following Management of Change Procedure.
- Lead the HAZOP, PSA, FMEA and Operability reviews to ensure proper design
Required Qualifications and Skills will include:
• 5+ years of Process experience in Biochemical Processes, ideally in Organic Acid or Amino Acids environment.
• BS in chemical engineering
• Understanding of lean operating philosophy
• Strong experience in Crystallization is mandatory (Process Engineering and operations) preferably in Organic Acids or Amino acids.
• Strong experience in Ion Exchange (Process Engineering and operations)
• PE license.
• Must be fluent in English. Ability to read, analyze and interpret common engineering packages, project reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from various suppliers.
• Must be safety focused, a self-starter, highly organized, and able to work well within all levels of a fast-paced organization
• Hands on and
• Excellent communicator, both in speaking and writing
• Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Hard worker.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
• Eligibility to work in the Canada or US (no visa sponsorship).
• Eligibility to travel in foreign countries
Process Engineer, Downstream Process, DSP, HACCP, Chemical Unit Operations, Process Engineer, Chemical Engineer, Fermentation, crystallization