Are you a Project Manager of Construction? Would you like to join a team of dedicated professionals in the Calgary, Alberta area? If you answered "Yes!," then please consider the following position for Project Management -- Construction:
Reporting directly to the Senior Project Manager, the incumbent is appointed to a project to assume the responsibility for the management, coordination, and delivery of the design, procurement, and construction of the project in conformance with company guidelines. The incumbent will provide leadership and maintain effective communication with the project team(s) under his/her direction, and maintain effective communication that will result in satisfied clients, profitability, business growth, and quality of work.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Adheres, administrates, maintains and enforces safety policies and programs. Attends and participates in safety programs and training as required.
• Provides direction and supervision to team members and distributes workload accordingly.
• Liaises and works with Sub Trades, Consultants, Engineers, and Clients.
• Ensures profitability of project by effective project scheduling and is in line with project budget.
• Monitors and maintains positive relationships with colleagues, consultants, and key stakeholders to ensure projects run smoothly and to resolve concerns promptly and efficiently.
• Meets with key stakeholders regularly to discuss project status, ensures client satisfaction, and ensures project deliverables are met in accordance with contractual obligations.
• Manages all changes to the project(s).
• Liaises with onsite contracting forces, attend construction meetings and reviews construction quotes and claims.
• Ensures project manpower planning and scheduling.
• Assures adequate project site management staffing.
• Assures project schedules are achieved.
• Provides regular reporting on project safety, schedule, workmanship, costs and critical site activities.
• Provides overall project planning and guidance in value engineering and methodology of the project construction activities, schedule and site costs.
• Negotiates change orders with the Client, Consultants and Sub-trades.
• Provides feedback on design, contracts strategy and sub-contractors’ performance.
• Assures that design and specifications are attained.
• Responsible for resolution of subcontractors contracts, change orders and purchase orders.
• Oversees project closeout.
• Investigates serious situations and implements corrective measures.
• Mentors and assesses performance of project team(s).
• Operates with broad management authority, receiving little technical guidance, control and administrative direction.
• Control is aimed towards the assessment of the achievement of project objectives, and adherence to corporate policies and procedures.
• Perform additional assignments and responsibilities as required.
The Ideal Candidate will possess the following Qualifications and Attributes:
• Post-secondary education equivalent to a University degree or College Diploma – Mechanical, Electrical, or Civil Engineering or Architectural Disciplines are preferred
• Greater than 12 years but equal to or less than 15 years construction experience
• Gold Seal or PMP Certification is preferred. A C.E.T. or P.Eng designation is an asset.
• Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications, building materials, and required standards applicable to discipline.
• Ability to understand and Interpret Drawings, Specifications, Technical, and Commercial Documents.
• Proven record of success with large industrial and institutional projects.
• Ability to lead a team of Site and Office Staff to ensure project deadlines and budgets are being met.
• Adaptable to set and prioritize work with multiple exceptions. Able to work with diverse personalities and styles.
• Communicates with clarity, verbally and in one on one or group situations, or over the telephone.
• Communicates well in writing by composing clear documents; facility with editing and/or proof-reading is required.
• Sound working knowledge of relevant Microsoft Office applications and scheduling software.
• Able to work with minimum supervision and able to meet deadlines.
• Must be confident and able to relate with all customer levels (internal and external).
• Must demonstrate a collaborative attitude in working with members of the Team.
This firm consults with and engages their clients as partners in the process before rolling up their sleeves to create and deliver a solution that meets their needs with a confidence and a commitment to superior results - one that's visible to all project stakeholders. They offer an extensive range of architectural, engineering, land use and development planning, interior design, project management, construction, design-build and partnership services through 30 offices in Canada, the United States, the Unites Kingdom, the Middle East, and Asia. It has broad and diverse portfolio of completed work within the public, lifestyle, commercial, and transportation sectors, comprising some of the largest building projects in the world.
Our Client offers:
• Career growth and advancement for creative, independent problem solvers
• Leadership opportunities for professionals committed to mentoring others
• Competitive compensation package and flexible work schedule
• Professional, casual and collaborative work environment