Our client a fast growing Northern Ontaro based consulting firm is seeking an Intermediate to Senior Road Design Engineer to join their team in Thunder Bay, Ontario. If you are experienced with road and highway design then this exciting opportunity may be for you!
Duties and responsibilities for this position will include, but not be limited to:
- Conduct technical data analysis and prepare road designs compatible with established Ontario specifications.
- Preparation and review of drawings, item specifications and contract documentation.
- Cost estimating, proposal writing and report preparation.
- Lead and mentor other engineers /technicians and multi disciplinary team members.
- Liaison with sub-consultants, clients and agencies.
The ideal Candidate will possess the following:
- An undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering and a minimum of five years of relevant experience as a professional engineer, or a Certified Engineering Technologist with a minimum of 10 years experience in the design of roadways
- Experience with all aspects of road design (e.g. alignments, geometrics, staging, utilities, roadside safety)
- General understanding of other road design requirements (e.g. drainage/hydraulic design, environmental design and mitigating measures, geotechnical investigations, traffic surveys)
- Ability to estimate design level of effort and meet project schedule dates and deliverables.
- Ability to lead and mentor other engineers/technicians and communicate with a wide range of sub-consultants.
- Recognition by the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario as a Project Engineer or Highway Designer is considered an asset.
Our client offers excellent compensation packages including competitive base salaries, profit sharing, Group RRSP plans, benefits, mentoring and opportunities for advancement.
Transportation Engineer, Highway Designer, MTO, Ministry of Transportation