Are you a structural engineer with a flair for business development and project management? Are you looking for a career with a company that values a balance between work and life as much as you do?
If you have a B.Eng/B.Sc in engineering- a post-graduate degree in engineering or business is considered an asset- and between 7-10 years of previous related engineering and business development experience (preferably with an emphasis on Alberta projects), we may have the perfect opportunity for you! Our Client is seeking a structural engineer with strong business acumen to join their team as a Business Project Leader in Edmonton.
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Managing and executing projects according to budget and schedule;
- Reviewing the terms of contract and agreements for conformance to best business practices;
- Managing resources to optimize efficiency of delivery and meet aggressive schedules;
- Acting as a primary client contact; and,
- Coordinating with multiple disciplines across multiple offices to establish project role and task division
- Establishing and maintaining working relationships with both new and existing clients;
- Developing a pursuit strategy and leading the preparation of presentations and proposals;
- Estimating man-hours and proposal pricing with project managers;
- Providing management with market feedback; and,
- Coordinating with business partners in the construction and consulting industry to pursue and deliver projects
- Contributing to key account management and project pursuits related to active clients; and,
- Contributing to business development strategies
The ideal candidate will have experience and reputation with local Alberta clients such as Alberta Transportation, Parks Canada and Government Services. Previous experience in/with the oil and gas industry is considered an asset. A P.Eng designation is preferred for this position, though not mandatory.
Our Client offers employees the opportunity to work on some of the most prestigious and well-recognized bridge projects in the world. Their competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits package, and dedication to quality have earned them a reputation for excellence both as a provider of services and as an employer.
If you can see yourself excelling in this sort of environment, why not drop us a line? Simply send an updated resume and CV- indicating your preferred method of contact and the best times to reach you- to email@example.com.
Construction Project Manager, Project Manager, Transportation Manager, Bridge Engineer, Bridge Project Manager