Our client is looking for a Mechanical Designer/Engineer specializing in Building Systems to join their team in their London, Ontario office!
This individual MUST have experience in Mechanical Building Systems.
This individual will produce drawings on CAD/MEP while working with the Project Manager or independently.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Performing specific tasks assigned by Principal or Project Manager in defined time
• Perform site surveys as required
• Perform CAD tasks assigned within given hours
• Adhere to AutoCAD and AutoCAD MEP standards
• Check layouts and services for continuity
• Co-ordination of drawings with codes
• Supervision of drawings between other disciplines
• Prepare AutoCAD drawings from sketches, mark-ups and/or design
• When requested to prepare CAD drawing from sketches or mark-ups, upon completion verify CAD drawings against such sketches to ensure accuracy of work
• When requested to develop pipe or duct layouts, familiarize with architectural, structural and electrical drawings to appreciate space limitations and interferences
• To develop layout of pipe and duct runs in co-ordination with the structure, electrical and architectural components
• To perform sizing of duct and pipe services in accordance with office standards
• Check layouts of mechanical services for interferences with other components of the building such as structure, ceilings, lighting, etc.
• Develop details and layout of mechanical rooms and service spaces.
• To be familiar with air conditioning load calculations and perform such calculations for Tenant Improvement projects
• Any other tasks assigned by Principals or Project Managers required to assist in the success of the firm
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Degree or Diploma from an accredited institution in Mechanical Engineering/Technology
• 2-5 years of experience in the field of mechanical building services
• CET or EIT/P.Eng designation
• Demonstrate a strong desire for advancement and professional development
• Demonstrate the ability to work in complex environment often driven by project deadlines
• Have AutoCAD training from a recognized College and have exposure to HVAC and plumbing systems.
• Knowledge of AutoCAD MEP 2012 is preferred
• Be familiar with various HVAC, plumbing systems and develop layout of pipe and duct runs in co-ordination with the structure, electrical and architectural components
• The amount of experience would adjust the level of responsibility of the successful candidate's position
Our Client is an award-winning Canadian engineering consulting firm specializing in building systems engineering. Founded in Ontario in 1965, their footprint has since expanded to accommodate projects worldwide. Their dedication to quality has earned them a reputation for being one of the most respected engineering consulting firms in the country. They offer an excellent benefits package and a relaxed and fun work atmosphere, frequently hosting activities and events for employees and their families.