Our client is a midsized consulting firm specializing in Land Development engineering for residential, commercial, and industrial developments. With over forty years of industry presence, they have become a well-known fixture in Land Development within the GTA. They are structured in a way that allows the Principals to work very closely with their project teams, maintaining an open dialogue to ensure that all projects are completed on-time, on-budget, and with an exceptionally high degree of quality.
Due to growth, they are currently seeking a Senior Water Resources engineer to lead their established department and assist with steering the direction of the group in terms of strategic business development.
This individual would be made an Associate within the company.
Their duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Lead a water resources department of 8-10 engineers and technologists
• Review and coordinate documents to be submitted to Approval Agencies: drawings, reports, cost estimates, etc.
• Follow up, monitor, and manage the approval process: re-submissions and liaising with clients
• Participate with senior management in preparation of fee proposals, monitoring of project costs, and preparation of invoices
• Manage projects including: Class Environmental assessment, Planning & Land Development, Structural Engineering, Transportation Engineering, and Municipal & Environmental
• Perform hydrologic/hydraulic calculations for stormwater management, sanitary sewer and water supply systems.
• Create preliminary designs for stormwater management ponds and other municipal infrastructure.
• Design detailed studies and modeling for land development projects
• Review client concerns relating to projects
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• 7-15+ years of experience in land development, municipal engineering with at least 5+ years of Project Management experience
• Engineering Degree from an accredited and recognized University
• Hold a P.Eng designation or CET in Ontario, or eligible for registration
• Experience in Project Management
• Must be able to prepare own documents, letters, tenders, reports, etc. • Strong understanding of hydrology and hydraulics.
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills and ability to multi-task.
• Working knowledge of Visual OTTHYMO, DDSWM, HEC-RAS, AutoCad Civil 3D, Excel Spreadsheets
• Experience in large subdivision developments/secondary plans
• Ability to adapt to a variety of projects ranging in scope.
Water Resources Engineer, Stormwater Engineer, Stormwater Management, SWM, HEC RAS, P.Eng, Conservation Authority, Project Manager, Planning, Residential Subdivisions, Urban in-fill development, roadway design