Our client is a growing Engineering Consulting and Planning Firm with over 150 employees and an averag year over year growth trajectory of 9%. As an employee owned firm with a key market position in Eastern Ontario, they have an immediate need for a Senior Municipal Engineer to be groomed or step into Manage their Municipal Design division.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As an integral part of their design team, we are seeking a Municipal Engineer to be the Team Lead for the Ottawa Office. Reporting to the Municipal Team Manager, you will be responsible for completing detailed engineering drawings and designs for the Municipal Business Unit and will oversee the work of junior staff in the Ottawa office. Duties will include but are not limited to.
• Market and prepare engineering services proposals;
• Liaise with clients, government and/or regulatory bodies as well as contractors;
• Manage and design a variety of projects such as roads, sidewalks, storm and sanitary sewers, water mains, pumping stations, etc.
• Oversee the work of junior and intermediate engineers, engineering interns and technologists and provide guidance and mentoring;
• Prepare technical specifications and tender documents; and
• Oversee construction projects and be an integral part of the construction administration.
• Completion of a university degree in Civil Engineering;
• Seven to ten years of related design experience on municipal projects;
• Licensed as a Professional Engineer in Ontario;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (French considered an asset);
• Good attention to detail, problem solving skills and ability to think creatively;
• Ability to lead and work effectively as part of a team;
• Local experience in the Ottawa area is beneficial; and
• Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.