Job Title Senior Structural Engineer
|Senior Structural Engineer||Structural|
|Are you a Senior Structural Engineer with at least 10-15+ years of experience? Would you like to join a team of dedicated professionals in the Calgary, Alberta area? If you answered "Yes!," then please consider the following position for Senior Structural Engineer:|
**This individual MUST have experience with Large Scale Commercial Structural projects.**
Reporting directly to the Manager of Structural Engineering, the incumbent performs analysis and design for structural specifications for various construction projects and determines type, loads, material and framing for approval by the Senior Engineer. The incumbent reviews working drawings and ensures elements of design, model and detailing adhere to relevant and jurisdictional codes. The incumbent coordinates structural design elements with the architectural, mechanical, and electrical engineering working designs.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Performs detailed analysis and designs the structural specifications to accurately incorporate design elements from architectural, mechanical and electrical drawings and adheres to code and jurisdictional requirements.
• Utilizes computer analysis and design software to model the project, perform lateral system analysis and design, and verify the lateral resistant system.
• Provides guidance and mentoring to junior staff and reviews working structural drawings to make edits, alterations and recommendations, as required.
• Performs complex and accurate calculations to determine load calculations and column run down.
Coordinates with other disciplines and key stakeholders, as required, to exchange information, provide project status updates, and coordinate resources.
• Researches and analyzes data to respond to RFI’s, write design reports, compare systems and determine feasibility.
• Utilizes industry best practices and established standards to ensure structural production projects adhere to corporate and professional expectation.
The ideal candidate will possess the following Skills and Qualifications:
• Minimum 4 years university degree in structural engineering
• 10-15+ years of relevant experience
• Professional Engineer designation
• Requires an understanding of inter-related work processes to be able to adapt to differing assignments.
Provides technical information to fellow colleagues in a clear and understandable manner.
• Professional manner, tact, diplomacy and discretion in dealing with key stakeholders and colleagues including senior management.
• Draws on a number of known options to solve problems and to develop improvements.
• Computer skills to produce effective, spreadsheets, reports, documents and presentations, as required.
• Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions.
• Able to work with diverse personalities and styles.
• Communicates with clarity, verbally and in one on one or group situations, or over the telephone.
• Communicates well in writing by composing clear documents; facility with editing and/or proof-reading is required.
• Advanced understanding of quality standards relative to structural engineering analysis, design, methodologies, codes and standards.
• Proficient with calculation software for structure analysis and design. Knowledge of CAD software, including AutoCAD and MS Office applications.
This firm consults with and engages their clients as partners in the process before rolling up their sleeves to create and deliver a solution that meets their needs with a confidence and a commitment to superior results - one that's visible to all project stakeholders.