Job Title Team Leader, Plant Accounting
|Team Leader, Plant Accounting||Chemical, Process|
|Red Deer, Alberta|
|Our client is seeking a Team Leader/Plant Accountant to join their operations in Red Deer, Alberta. If you have previous Team Lead and Financial experience, then this exciting opportunity may be for you!|
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensuring accurate financial accounting and reporting in accordance with IFRS;
• Ensuring accurate internal and KPI reporting
• Providing team leadership including recruiting, employee performance management and employee development;
• Assisting team members in setting priorities which align with the Corporate Vision and Strategy and the Finance Vision;
• Promoting the development and leading the implementation of improvements in accounting processes and procedures to ensure best practices;
• Ensuring compliance with SOX; including annual process reviews, spreadsheet reviews, compliance with key controls and annual management sign off;
• Co-ordinating the budget and forecast process for the Joffre Site;
• Ensuring compliance with 3rd party operating and services contracts;
• Providing Joffre Site accounting leadership as a member of the Manufacturing West Leadership Team.
• A University degree in a related field or equivalent coupled with 10+ years of progressive experience in a finance role
• A Professional accounting designation is strongly preferred; coupled with prior leadership and industry experience will make you an ideal candidate for this role.
• Previous experience in a role where you have demonstrated strong leadership and interpersonal skills including team building, conflict resolution and goal setting will ensure your success in this role.
• Strong technical knowledge of SAP and IFRS will be a plus.
• The ability to perform effectively under tight deadlines with multiple priorities, and to apply your skills and knowledge to effectively manage change will be required.
Our client has been in business for more than 50 years, and have been expanding their business across Canada and the world. They are committed to creating a safe and productive work environment for their employees, and offer excellent benefits as well as opportunities for advancement.